DRESS TO LIVE srl
CODE OF ETHICS (EXCERPT)
ZERO IMPACT TRANSPARENCY
We, the shareholders of DRESS TO LIVE SRL, have undersigned a Code of Ethics we are committed to respect both in the context of business decisions and in our own lifestyle.
Since DRESS TO LIVE was born from shared values that reflect the founding shareholders’ mind-set, the company could not exist without them. The values that inspire us can be summarised in the principles of eco-sustainability, solidarity and transparency. The Code of Ethics describes these principles and values, which should be shared by every individual that works at, for or with DRESS TO LIVE.
The violation of the Code of Ethics by a shareholder may entail – in the most serious cases – the exclusion from DRESS TO LIVE or the interruption of all relationships with manufacturers and partners.
DRESS TO LIVE promotes a non-political and non-ideological project aimed at creating a network of individuals eager to contribute, with their actions, to the development of an industrialised company capable of being eco-sustainable, ethical, fair and transparent at the same time. DRESS TO LIVE creates eco-sustainable footwear and clothes from cruelty-free materials and dyes of vegetable origins. Shall this be not feasible for technical reasons, we are committed to research constantly the best available technology.
In the performance of our activities, we enforce the following principles:
- Environmental Sustainability: We abide by a circular economy model, from production to disposal, using exclusively natural resources, either recycled or recyclable, with the objective of producing wastes that can be reused or disposed of according to the best technology available.
We are committed to make use of laboratories that implement available manufacturing processes with a minimal impact on the environment (from colouring to assembly to packaging) all the while respecting every form of animal life. In order to achieve this, we shall keep a short supply chain, collaborating as far as possible with local manufacturers. To guarantee the disposal of our product, we provide our clients with a pick-up service of the item in order to separate its every component using the best available technology.
- Ethical Collaborations: In every phase of the production cycle, we collaborate with companies that take the appropriate measures to prevent any kind of social, sexual or racial discrimination, as well as child labour, and to promote occupational safety, against any form of violence, prevarication and exploitation, in order to respect the right to life, dignity and freedom of every individual.
- Solidarity: We donate 4% of the purchase price (before taxes) to one of the “ethical partners” selected by DRESS TO LIVE, leaving the decision to the client (during the crowdfunding phase 4% of sales in Italy shall go to LEAL, first backer). Partners will have to share our values and will be present on our website, where they will be able to promote and make public their own missions. Sums and beneficiaries of every donation will be published on the website, as well as the progress of all funded project.
We, the shareholders, are committed to implement all necessary deliberations in order to keep up with this pledge, within the limits of the law.
- Transparency: The whole production cycle is declared in its every step, thus offering the chance to verify in a practical way all the stages in the chain and the individuals involved.
We are committed to develop a transparent, effective and efficient label.
We are committed to monitor the production chain for the purpose of complying with the required and declared quality standards, consequently publishing on our website an annual report to honour this commitment.
NETWORK AND VALUES
DRESS TO LIVE wants to create a network of individuals sharing its own objectives. To this end, it shall stipulate agreements and adhere and enter into alliances or collaboration agreements with other individuals, manufacturers and partners.
Manufacturers shall belong to the production chain of DRESS TO LIVE, shall be present on the website and shall comply with our principles of environmental sustainability, ethical collaborations, solidarity and transparency. Partners are the beneficiaries of the 4% donation. In parallel with the project’s growth, the network shall be open to new individuals.
The following criteria guide us in the choice of our manufacturers and partners, and shall be taken into account by the disciplinary body when assessing any violation of the Code of Ethics:
- Prevalent use of natural materials, recycled or recyclable, implementation of waste sorting, use of renewable energies, sustainable use of resources, waste reduction (food, energy, water, etc.) and/or use of technologies with a low environmental impact;
- General protection and promotion of the nature and the environment, as well as of natural resources, flora and fauna, collective health, biodiversity, territory, sea and landscape;
- Abolition of every behaviour or process leading to cruelty, abuse or maltreatment of animal species or single specimen;
- Encouragement of lifestyles, production and consumption based on a sustainable development and a balanced and respectful relation between human being and nature;
- Adoption of transparent and certified measuring procedures and instruments for the assessment of the environmental impact and health protection;
- Donations for humanitarian and ethical purposes, or any other purpose coherent with DRESS TO LIVE’s mission;
- Promotion of ethical and/or fair work environment’s development and protection of employees’ dignity and rights;
- Promotion of every form of social inclusion, awareness-raising policy and information aimed at the development of human resources;
- Adoption of initiatives or organization of events expressing DRESS TO LIVE’s mission.
Should a shareholder, a collaborator, a manufacturer or a partner engage in activities contrasting or incompatible with the Code of Ethics, thus damaging the good name and the reputation of the company, it will be possible to report him/her to the disciplinary body. The disciplinary body is made up of three individuals selected by the shareholders’ meeting among the people who undersigned the Code of Ethics (not necessarily shareholders), and its task is to investigate on the alleged violation, hear the person accused and report back to the meeting within 30 days from the notification. The shareholders’ meeting, having evaluated the situation, shall be able – with justified and valid reasons and according to the gravity of the violation – to require the reported party to conform to the Code of Ethics and to cease the violation within a set timeframe, to exclude the reported party from the list of ethical partners, to terminate the employment relationship for just cause or to exclude the stakeholder from the shareholding structure.